Today’s Lychees or Peaches brings a chat with the sweetheart of Sci-fi/fantasy, Nina D’Aleo.
- Hard questions first Nina: Lychees or Peaches?
Man that is hard!
If it’s a nice peach then probably a peach. If the peach it hard and unforgiving like a tasteless rubber apple, then a lychee.
- If you were written about in a newspaper, what would the headline say?
‘Chocolate is definitely good for you,’ says chocoholic, mother of two.
- What is your favourite line from a book or movie?
Soooo many – can’t pick one – but this King quote always moves me:
‘But who knows how long a grief may last? Isn’t it possible that, even after thirty or forty years after the death of a child or a brother or a sister, one may half-waken, thinking of that person with the same lost emptiness, that feeling of places which may never be filled… perhaps not even in death.’
- What genre do you usually write in? And why do you think this is so?
Sci-Fi/Fantasy because I’m a dreamer at heart and have never been able to stick to the truth.
- Tell me a secret about yourself that nobody in the whole world knows? Go on tell me, nobody but me is listening.
🙂 I’m an open book…
- Oh, Nina, Okay, I’ll let you have that one 🙂 next question, What was your latest book about?
Supernatural strengths, secret agencies… and love.
- How did you come up with the title? Did it come to fistycuffs with your editor?
No – no smack downs. I had a working title which I didn’t love so the lovely people of Momentum put some thoughts on the table and we ended up with ‘The White List’.
- When you daydream about singing on The Voice (I know you do) which song do you sing and if you could have any celebrity judge in the world turn for you who would it be?
The thought of me singing anywhere but in the shower gives me the shivers – really, it’s an awful thought – but I had a favourite band in my teenage years, 5ive, and I met them last year and that was very cool. I also love Pink and Elton John – and MJ would have been the ultimate 😦
- What do you really, really, really, love?
My boys, rainy sleep-in mornings, Mr Foofypants – and noodles
- Can you show us a quick snap of your work desk? No tidy spic and span ones please. I won’t believe you.
- Serious stuff now: where can we purchase your latest book?
The White List can be found at Momentum
Thank you for participating in Lyches or Peaches, Nina!
If you would like to learn more about Nina and her books,please visit her on the links below!
Thanks for having me 🙂